Sheltered Home:

A shelter or community home provides

  • Financial Assistance
  • Information And Referral Services
  • Accommodation
  • Socio-recreational Activities
  • Meals And Laundry Services

You can ask for help from a social worker or medical social worker from the hospital, family service centre, or polyclinic that your loved one visits.

It costs around $1500 a month to stay in a shelter or community home (before means-testing). If you​ need help paying for the service, please speak to your service provider or the Medical Social Worker.​​

Crisis Cases:
  • Family violence covers a broad range of controlling behaviour—often of a physical, sexual, and/or psychological nature—typically involving fear, harm, intimidation and emotional deprivation.
  • This may include verbal abuse, threats, harassment, intimidation and controlling behaviour like limiting access to friends, relatives and finances.
  • Family violence can happen at any level of close interpersonal relationships—spouses, partners, parents, children, and siblings.​

You can call any of the hotlines or go to the nearest Family Service Centre for help, or if you need someone to talk to. The social workers will advise you on how to protect yourself and your family members. They can also help the abuser to stop his behaviour.

Click here to learn more!